Re: LYNX-DEV 2.7.1ac-0.87

From: Leonid Pauzner
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV 2.7.1ac-0.87
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 1997 02:29:17 +0400 (MSD)

> The most well-defined, comprehensive, and available convention I know is

Thanks.

> > It is found .tbl sources very dirty for check,
[...]
> >         # some mapppings of greek letters to latin letters added,
> >         #  just for fun.. -kw
> > scince they are already set in def7_uni.tbl as default?
>
> _Some_ of those are mappings that are not found in def7_uni, especially
> the ones to 0xnn where 0xnn >= 0x80 should not be in def7_uni.  So it's
> actually an example how a specific table can override the default
> mappings.

Yes. But only _some_:
for 0xnn < 0x80 region you need to override the default very seldom,
(country-specific tradition for transliteration only the case).

If you move such "examples" here and there to README.format
anybody could add new tables from IANA without surprize.
I want only to say that more clear and readable tables more correct.

;
;