Re: LYNX-DEV Options: Dotfiles

From: James Elkinton
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Options: Dotfiles
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 1997 23:46:49 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 23 Oct 1997, Klaus Weide wrote:

> On Thu, 23 Oct 1997, James Elkinton wrote:
>
> > Why won't the Dotfile option let me change the value?  This has never been
> > working, from ac74 to ac87.  I press W, and it says 'access to dot files
> > is disabled'.  Well -duh-...I'm trying to change it you silly browser! :)
> >
> > So is there an easy twiddle I can do to tell it to unbung the thing?
>
> See NO_DOT_FILES in lynx.cfg (and userdefs.h).

Got it.. .will do that on the next compile.

> Have you solved your other problems?

Pretty much... to make the thing finally accept my lynx.cfg file, I had to
go a bit brute-force after configure, and just flat-out substitute my
absolute path for /usr/local/lib/lynx.cfg -- if I missed even one location
it seemed I was SOL.  I guess I should really scour those two files and
see what else I might want to tweak.

The problems with reverse video links and curses stuff is not fixable,
since as far as I can tell, the new slang/ncurses/etc needs to be
system-installed...something that isn't likely to happen here...though
it definitely isn't mission critical...in fact, I'm starting to like it
this way a bit.

;
;