Re: LYNX-DEV Still won't compile under DOS

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Still won't compile under DOS
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 1997 11:14:15 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 24 Oct 1997, JeffreyX Groves wrote:

> I have everything installed on a Win95 system and I re-booted in
> DOS mode.  I'm still getting the same errors...
>
> All the errors seem to be related to files that are longer than the
> standard DOS 8.3 format.

> Do I have to edit all the file references to 8.3 format or is there a
> better way?  I've already spent four days trying to get this to compile
> and it getting a little frustrating.

It sounds as if the problem may be the way you unpacked the distribution.
Try using the zip archive rather than the tar.gz archive and use unzip
to unpack it.  Do this under DOS, not WIN95 so that all directories will
be adjusted to 8+3 by unzip.  Then try to compile.  None of the names in
the makefile need to be adjusted to 8+3; DJGPP takes care of this for
you.

                                  Doug
__
Doug Kaufman