Re: LYNX-DEV DOS patches for development code ac-0.87

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV DOS patches for development code ac-0.87
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 1997 06:55:03 -0500 (EST)

> About a month ago I submitted a patch to fix LYNX_TEMP_SPACE  and to
> make the tempname for files conform to 8+3 naming convention for DOS.  I
> didn't see any posts with problems regarding these changes, but they
> weren't incorporated into the code.  Is there a problem with them? The
> original post is at
> "http://www.flora.org/lynx-dev/html/month0997/msg00699.html";. An update
> for ac-0.87 is at the end of this post.
Klaus is usually the one who picks these up.  I don't see offhand any
functional problems, but the maintenance issue is something different.
Adding a lot of ifdef's will add to maintenance.  If I were to work on this
section, I'd make the choice of "/" vs "\\" a #define so that I could collapse
the bulk of the changes into a small area (that could also be done with the
VMS pathnames, but would require a lot of time on VAXes that I don't have
available any longer).

Anyway, I've saved the mail, so that in case I find time to work on that
chunk (DOSPATH vs *nix names) I'll have it for reference.

> Another problem is that BOXHORI and BOXVERT are defined in two different
> places, userdefs.h and LYCurses.h.  I would suggest that one place be
> picked and the other eliminated.  I don't know which site is preferable.
the latter should be eliminated.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden