Re: LYNX-DEV Compiling lynx under win32

From: Wayne Buttles
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Compiling lynx under win32
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 1997 19:54:57 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 27 Oct 1997, Nelson Henry Eric wrote:

> > I *DON'T* recommend getting the helper files anymore because people are
>
> Okay, it was a misunderstanding on my part.  I'll remove that section
> from the INSTALLATION,gz I'm maintaining.

I just read the copy that I had over again.  First, I would get rid of
this whole paragraph:

---------------
To build the Win32 version you need Borland C++ 4.52 or a completely
compatible compiler and the win32.zip package unziped into the lynx
directory.  This code expects you to have a BC make in your path at
the console prompt and also to be able to compile from the console as
well.

Instead I would say that "The original port was done with Borland C++ 4.52
and reportedly can be compiled with later versions as well."  After that,
if we get feedback from cygwin or other people it can be listed there and
point to their instructions.

The rest looks pretty good--at least enough to get somebody started.

;
;