Re: LYNX-DEV problem with the lynx ver 2.7.1ac-0.87 (1997)

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV problem with the lynx ver 2.7.1ac-0.87 (1997)
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 1997 20:55:57 -0500 (EST)

971026 R K Balan wrote:
> I encountered a problem with Lynx where it refuses to allow me to edit
> text fields. It keeps saying that the text fields are unmodifiable.
> The url is http://cards.irdu.nus.edu.sg
> click on "send deepavali cards" and then on "compose deepavali cards" to
> get to the offending page with the text entry fields.

971026 Tan Hsiao Wei commented:
> This problem is caused by the following tag in the HTML form:
>
>       Realaudio sound file to include (optional):
>               <INPUT NAME=upfile TYPE=file SIZE=30>
>
> Lynx does not support this "TYPE=file" input field.
> On netscape, you will see this field displayed as a "Browse..." button.
> On lynx, you see this field being displayed as
> "[File input] (Not yet implemented)".

& recommended:
> lynx -source http://cards.irdu.nus.edu.sg/cgi-bin/cards/form > temp.html
>       edit temp.html
>       lynx temp.html

someone else may give you more detailed advice,
but i remember something like this coming up before:
search the Archive at  www.flora.org/lynx-dev
               or via  www.crl.com/~subir/lynx/search-archives.html

Lynx is developed & maintained by an international group of volunteers,
so there's a certain amount of do-it-yourself involved ...

;