Re: LYNX-DEV Thanks! DOS Compile works now

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Thanks! DOS Compile works now
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 1997 17:55:33 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 27 Oct 1997, Nelson Henry Eric wrote:

> > I suggest that you make a note in the DOS compile instructions to
> > indicate that you MUST use a DOS version of PKUNZIP to install the
> > files.  Using Winzip under Windows or NT will create long filenames and
>
> Will do.  (So, Klaus, lots of needed changes to INSTALLATION.  Grab
> the latest when you have the chance.)

When revising the INSTALLATION file, please don't make a special
reference to PKUNZIP.  Although this will probably work with the "-d"
option, its default action puts all files in one directory, discarding
the directory information.  Unzip (by the folks who brought you gzip and
libz) is probably the unarchiver of choice under DOS (and it is free).

                        Doug
__
Doug Kaufman
Internet: address@hidden (preferred)