Re: LYNX-DEV lynx browser and Mac Personal Web Sharing

From: Nelson Henry Eric
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV lynx browser and Mac Personal Web Sharing
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 1997 10:59:50 +0900 (JST)

> text/html;charset=x-mac-roman  D)ownload, or C)ancel
[...]               ^^^^^^^^^^^
> using lynx-2-7...

Good thing you're using Lynx.  Some "other" browsers can't even
handle "x-mac-roman".

> my mime types define text and html I think correctly...
> any Ideas how too make my pages ledgeable for lynx?

It's legible by Lynx.  Download the document, save it to disk,
and then load it as a file://localhost URL.

The beef I have with people using this MAC server is why do
they expect everyone in the world to have a mac.  If you're
writing the document in plain English, why don't you say so!
If you really want people to be able to read your documents,
why don't you use a character set (e.g., iso-8859-1) most
people have?

__Henry
;
;