Re: LYNX-DEV lynx development version makefile dependencies?

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV lynx development version makefile dependencies?
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 1997 07:57:54 -0500 (EST)

> Has there been any thoughts on building as a part of the distribution
> a full set of header file dependencies so that as patches occur, users
> would only need to compile where necessary rather than being forced to
> compile all the source each time?
no.  I've done several flavors of this, but don't think any of them would
be satisfactory for this purpose.  If you must do incremental builds, it's
ok to use "make depend".

> If not, then any thought on coding in the makefile a make clean as
> the first step in the make?
I always start builds from source (even for XFree86, which has 30 times as
much) because it reduces problems.  Putting a make clean in the makefiles
would, by the way, get in the way of debugging build problems.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden