LYNX-DEV Temporary file names

From: Victor Schneider
Subject: LYNX-DEV Temporary file names
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 1997 21:33:37 GMT

Since you haven't yet include my patch to HTTCP.c to make lynx.exe work with
-D__CYGWIN32__, I suppose this suggestion may also face a delay, but here it
is:

Under Windows 95/NT, there still are a goodly number of compatible 16-bit apps
that work just fine as helper apps for lynx.exe.  Only problem is that you
stick the process ID onto the names of TEMP files, which breaks the (8,3)
file model for 16-bit apps.  I've gone through your code to remove getpid,
but a more elegant approach would be to remove getpid entirely, as a relic
of earlier times.

You might also get rid of the `.jpe' suffix, since noone uses it any more,
and `.jpg' or `.jpeg' are the only remaining suffixes for jpegs.

;
;