Re: LYNX-DEV More on getting sendmail to work with lynx under Windows

From: Wayne Buttles
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV More on getting sendmail to work with lynx under Windows
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 1997 22:15:40 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 28 Oct 1997 address@hidden wrote:

> There is a Windows version of sendmail that comes with the Visual C
> version of lynx.

Is there a visual c version of lynx?  I packed a sendmail.exe with the
lynx.exe that I created with borland c ...

> This sendmail.exe doesn't like the `-t -oi' command line.
> that you get when you do a vanilla gcc compile after a vanilla gnu
> configure.  It prefers the LYMail.c -DDOSPATH command line that lists
> where the editor file is.
>
> However, -DDOSPATH leads to compile problems everywhere
> except LYMail.c.  And, -D_WINDOWS is really big trouble. So, if you want
> to configure for a Unix/Windows95 compile using the cygnus.com gcc
> compiler, you
>
> (a) do a -DUNIX and -DLINUX in the site definitions of
>       the generated makefile.
>
> (b) You add:
>
> #ifdef __CYGWIN32__
> #define DOSPATH 1
> #endif
> at the top of LYMail.c

I'd rather we change the DOSPATH def's in LYMail.c that pertain to
sendmail.exe to a different name.  If we start depending on my stupid
names for other ports then we will never dig ourselves out.

;
;