Re: more on INSTALLATION [was Re: LYNX-DEV Thanks! DOS Compile works no

From: Larry W. Virden, x2487
Subject: Re: more on INSTALLATION [was Re: LYNX-DEV Thanks! DOS Compile works now]
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 1997 07:14:33 -0500

>I don't mind changing CHANGES(.new), but a summary of all the possible
>ifdef symbols that may be used in the code is something else.  So maybe we
>should create a file README.defines or defines.txt or something similar
>for that.

Seems like they might go into a porting hints type document - something to
let a person know exactly what each define means, in the case of trying to
bring up lynx in a new environment.

If someone on the list is looking for an area to contribute, another related
area might be to add a section to lynx.man listing all the environment
variables and files that lynx uses during execution.  This is something
that's been on my TODO list for some time, but unfortunately doesn't
seem to be perculating up.
;