LYNX-DEV RE: Problem with Lynx Win32

From: Binh Do
Subject: LYNX-DEV RE: Problem with Lynx Win32
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 1997 14:02:49 -0800

Running under debugger, I found out that the error happened because
function HTLocalName() in htfile.c calls function HTDOS_name() in htdos.c
to get the localname. The latter returns a DOS_Path_Name (converted from
original Unix path) in a static array.

Later the 'localname' is freed and that caused the error. To fix that bug,
I modified function HTDOS_name() in htdos.c as follows:
        - Replace statement 'return(cp_url);' with
                strcpy(dosname, cp_url);
                return(dosname);
        - Replace statement 'return(cp_url+1);' with
                strcpy(dosname, cp_url+1);
                return(dosname);

Hope that nothing else is affected. Thx.

Binh Do.

Binh Do wrote:

>I could successfully compiled Lynx on Win32 based on what you two
described in >the September archive (i.e. name changes in lynx.ide and
adding the defines into >curses.h). I am running WinNT 4.0 and Borland C++
5.0.

>I can run lynx well with a URL (e.g. lynx.broswer.org), but whenever I type
>       lynx file.htm
>
>or when I specify option P)rint from within lynx, then I got
'core-dump-like' >error and this message:

>-----
>A Fatal error has occurred in Lynx Ver. 2.7.1ac-0.79

;
;