LYNX-DEV Fine tuning the display

From: Jignesh D Joshi
Subject: LYNX-DEV Fine tuning the display
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 1997 08:44:53 -0500

Hello !

I am using Lynx 2.7.1 on D/G Unix system. The main purpose of using lynx
for us is to give
access to company information to those who use dump terminals. An example
of what the
screen looks like when I try to view one of our page is :

********************************

   [INLINE]

   Today is Wednesday October 29, 1997

   Dummy Tehite on

   [3]Expand All

   [4]Collapse All

   Views & Links

   Category-Company Information

   [5][ISMAP]-[6][USEMAP]
   AA Date Topic
   [7]+ --- General Corporate Postings ---
   [8]+ Duke Energy
   [9]+ Electric System Support

   Dummy Tehite on

   [12]Expand All

   [13]Collapse All

************************************

I do not know much about web designing. But , I think that this page has a
banner and a
main page. I know , this is not the page that is very much lynx friendly.
But, as you can see, there
are lot of unwanted links. For example, links 1-4 and 10-13 are
undesirable.

I also don't understand what links number 5-6 means. The only links that I
am interested in are
7-9.

Is there a way I can configure lynx to ignore the unwanted links, not
display those at all ?
Can these bullets and other graphic links be filtered out ?

I may not be very clear in conveying my problem across, but the page I am
referring to is at :
http://charbb1/BBProd/DPBB.nsf/CompanyInfo

Thank you for your help.

Jignesh Joshi.