Re: LYNX-DEV <br> in link text

From: Laura Eaves
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV <br> in link text
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 1997 20:16:50 -0500 (EST)

> Date: Wed, 29 Oct 1997 11:44:09 +0100 (MET)
> From: "Peter J. Weyers" <address@hidden>
> On Tue, 28 Oct 1997, Laura Eaves wrote:
>
> > It is legal HTML to put a break after <a>, but I would think the author
> > would prefer the number be moved to the next line.
>
> Then he/she should write proper HTML for it, I think.

I got several replies saying i rewrite my html -- however
the html I was referring to was not mine....

In any case, my point is that since lynx is the only
browser with a "links are numbered" option, who's to say what the
behavior should be for a break at the start of a link?  Since one of
the main purposes of numbered links is to aid blind users using
screen readers, I think the link number should appear immediately
before the first highlighted text, not on the previous line.

Also note that when the <br> is changed to a <p>
the link number is 2 lines before highlighted text.
In my mind, this is clearly wrong.
--le

;
;