Re: more on INSTALLATION [was Re: LYNX-DEV Thanks! DOS Compile works no

From: Bill Schiavo
Subject: Re: more on INSTALLATION [was Re: LYNX-DEV Thanks! DOS Compile works now]
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 1997 21:50:39 -0500 (EST)

Hello everyone.

On Tue, 28 Oct 1997, Wayne Buttles wrote:

> > On Wed, 29 Oct 1997, Nelson Henry Eric wrote:
> >
> > > Can't make everyone happy, but I think the following does establish
> > > what programs are preferred, is thorough in its treatment of pkunzip,
>
> You are right, you can't make everyone happy, be concise and be 100%
> technically correct all at the same time.  Your instructions would mess me
> all up in that I compile for both djgpp AND win32 using the same code set
> and try to do diff stuff in and out.
>
> Does that need to be pointed out?  I don't know.  I like what you have
> done so far.  In my opinion, no one really should be compiling both.  I
> was only doing it because people wanted a dos version and I had the
> ability to generate one.  I would much rather that someone with a greater
> interest in the dos version took over (I would be happy to still host the
> binary and stuff).

Okay Wayne, Shall I take it over?  I am already distributing a DOS binary
of Lynx along with installation instructions so this is no problem for me.
The latest version I have is 2-7-1ac-0.87 and it is currently available
from ftp.leb.net/pub/blinux/lynx/blynx386.

I would have announced this much earlier but I was concerned about a
possible conflict with what you were doing with the DOS stuff.  If you're
really serious about hosting the binary and it's associated files, I would
also like to make them available at your site.

Please let me know how to proceed.

Thanks!
might be a conflict
 > ---------------------
>
> And now for a little plain fun -- I thought this was mildly interesting.
> Here is a raw web log excerpt (including duplicate accesses of course)
> from 19/Aug/1997:08:35:56 till now.
>
> grep -c lynx_386.zip access_log
> 1971
>
> grep -c lynx_w32.zip access_log
> 8703
>
> ;
> ; To UNSUBSCRIBE:  Send a mail message to address@hidden
> ;                  with "unsubscribe lynx-dev" (without the
> ;                  quotation marks) on a line by itself.
> ;

;
;