Re: Unterminated Anchors (was Re: LYNX-DEV <br> in link text)

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: Unterminated Anchors (was Re: LYNX-DEV <br> in link text)
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 1997 21:26:12 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 30 Oct 1997, Michael Warner wrote:
> On or about Thu, Oct 30, 1997, James Elkinton <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > Ugh.. this drives me nuts too, but in a different way: If a </A> tag
> > is not used in a table of links, all of the links in the table are all
> > one link -- the first link of the table!  YUK!
>
>     [...]
>
> > None of the anchors are terminated -- apparently, Netscape sees the
> > table terminators and assumes anchor termination...or some such broken
> > crap.  Is it possible to toggle this ability in Lynx?  Is it already
> > in there and I haven't seen it?
> >
> > I've been downloading his pages and re-editing them into my own
> > version by hand...not having to mess with that anymore would be a
> > godsend.
>   ^^^^^^^
> Use ^V, and I guess your tithe would go to "lynx-dev deities".  [Note: I
> am not one, and thus have no financial interest in the preceding
> sentence]

Not sure what you guys are talking about (specify versions!), but for

   http://www.htc.net/~brianj/gsccc/psx/index2.html

^V isn't necessary to get the anchors selectable, and hasn't been for some
time, probably not for any devel code snapshot that had ^V.  Or does
anyone observe anything different?

Even if you are using an older version which doesn't recover so well from
unclosed anchors, you can try the LIST command.

For the devel code see also -hiddenlinks={merged,listonly}.

    Klaus

;
;