Re: Unterminated Anchors (was Re: LYNX-DEV <br> in link text)

From: Michael Warner
Subject: Re: Unterminated Anchors (was Re: LYNX-DEV <br> in link text)
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 1997 20:32:47 -0800

On or about Thu, Oct 30, 1997, Klaus Weide <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Thu, 30 Oct 1997, Michael Warner wrote:
> > On or about Thu, Oct 30, 1997, James Elkinton <address@hidden>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Ugh.. this drives me nuts too, but in a different way: If a </A>
> > > tag is not used in a table of links, all of the links in the table
> > > are all one link -- the first link of the table!  YUK!
    [...]
> > Use ^V,
    [...]
> Not sure what you guys are talking about (specify versions!), but for

Lynx Version 2.7.1ac-0.76 (I haven't been keeping up lately)

>    http://www.htc.net/~brianj/gsccc/psx/index2.html
>
> ^V isn't necessary to get the anchors selectable, and hasn't been for
> some time, probably not for any devel code snapshot that had ^V.  Or
> does anyone observe anything different?

I seem to have jumped the gun a bit.  The links are, as you say,
selectable with no problem either way.  All the DTD toggling affects,
AFAIK, is the highlighting of the links.  One way the whole line is
highlighted as a link, the other way just the intended part of the line
is highlighted.

With the whole line highlighted and numbered links not being used, the
visual impression given is, I think, the same as it would be if James'
interpretation were the case - the whole table as a single link.  Of
course, the advanced mode status line would still be a give away.

So, I wasn't seeing what he was describing.

--
Michael Warner
<address@hidden>