LYNX-DEV Re: Unterminated Anchors

From: James Elkinton
Subject: LYNX-DEV Re: Unterminated Anchors
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 1997 00:43:27 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 30 Oct 1997, Michael Warner wrote:

> I seem to have jumped the gun a bit.  The links are, as you say,
> selectable with no problem either way.  All the DTD toggling affects,
> AFAIK, is the highlighting of the links.  One way the whole line is
> highlighted as a link, the other way just the intended part of the line
> is highlighted.
>
> With the whole line highlighted and numbered links not being used, the
> visual impression given is, I think, the same as it would be if James'
> interpretation were the case - the whole table as a single link.  Of
> course, the advanced mode status line would still be a give away.
>
> So, I wasn't seeing what he was describing.

I'm not seeing it either now.... turns out an alias sending me to the site
was using an older Lynx (ac78).  AC89 is able to figure it out nicely.  I
know for a fact no pre-AC80 Lynx did it right automatically, and believe
it was a problem around AC83, when I was forced to make my own version of
the previously mentioned page so that I could grab some important data.
Actually got rather good at it, but am glad it is no longer a problem for
me.  (Shame that it is still a problem for one person who uses me as a
stepping stone there, and has Lynx 2.6 with no way of upgrading it.
(monumental jerk of a system admin there), and no way of compiling a new
one (compilers locked from public use)...

Oh well...wish I could just convince him to do it right. :)

;
;