Re: LYNX-DEV problems compiling lynx_386 version (latest lynx-cur.zip)

From: Bill Schiavo
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV problems compiling lynx_386 version (latest lynx-cur.zip)
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 1997 11:48:32 -0500 (EST)

Hello everyone.  It sounds like you are not using the correct makefile.
You must use the file called makefile.dos in the lynx2-7-\src directory or
it won't work.  Before you begin to compile lynx itself, move to the
lynx2-7-\www\library\djgpp directory and type make.  This will build
libwww.a. next move to the directory lynx2-7-\src\chrtrans and type make.
This will create the chartrans header files.  Finally, move to the
lynx2-7-\src directory and type the command make -f makefile.dos.  I tried
to get a batch file put into the distribution to simplify the process for
new comers but the idea was rejected.

Bill

On Tue, 4 Nov 1997, Sabato De Rosa wrote:

> Hallo listers,
> I'll try to explain briefly the problems that I have encountered in
> compiling the version of lynx mentioned in subject:
> first, I'd like to compile it under dos localizing the executable in italian
> language all the messages and configuration file lynx.cfg for italian blind
> people;
> 1) I have followed all the steps indicated in INSTALLATION file for
> unziping source code;
> 2) I have also downloaded and installed, as indicated in instrucctions, all
> additional libraries needed (i.e. zlib, curses and tcplib);
> 3) giving MAKE command in DJGPP subdirectory ov lynx's source code it seems
> that doesn't work; the problem is that there isn't file SOCKET.H called from
> file TCP.H. I have tried to solve this question adding the TCPLIB/ICLUDE/TCP
> in paths declared in C_INCLUDEPATH of compiler's DJGPP.ENV file (but I don't
> know if this solution is correct).
> 4) giving again the MAKE command the compilation ends abnormally, because
> errors of undeclared functions occur (I'd like to be more detailed, but I'm
> working on another computer and I don't remember exactly the names of these
> functions); in any cases the compilation stops on file
> WWW/IMPLEENTATION/HTTP.C.
> Can anyone help me, please? I hope that you will be patient with me.
> Best regards.
> Net-Tamer V 1.10  - Test Drive
>
> ;
> ; To UNSUBSCRIBE:  Send a mail message to address@hidden
> ;                  with "unsubscribe lynx-dev" (without the
> ;                  quotation marks) on a line by itself.
> ;

;
;