Re: LYNX-DEV scrollok and lynx_force_repaint

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV scrollok and lynx_force_repaint
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 1997 13:44:23 -0500 (EST)

> But in the 1997-05-29 entry Fote wrote
>                                            However, with Unix curses,
>   the delwin() - refresh() sequence does not restore what was there
>   before the popup was invoked, and none of the tweaks I tried got that
>   to work, [...]
Fote's referring to a feature of VAX curses which refreshes after a delwin
(not like other versions of curses, which require some repainting).

> so the full redraw would still be necessary for curses.  Maybe not for
> ncurses?
maybe/maybe not.  ncurses is pretty close to the Solaris curses behavior,
since that's the standard (if it's different then it would probably be a
bug).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden