LYNX-DEV Gov part 2

From: Wayne Buttles
Subject: LYNX-DEV Gov part 2
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 1997 19:24:34 -0500 (EST)

Real Audio of information technology hearing.

http://www.fednet.net/h1104b.htm

Rough time bookmarks:
34:10 Kathie starts
36:42 Lynx/Bobcat pitch

... "I also strongly support Assistive Technology such as Screen Reader
Software, Braille Display, Text to Speech and Screen Magnification which
will allow users with disabilities to have a level playing field on the
Internet.

For this reason, we write our pages with an awareness that people with
limited or no vision, as well as people who do not have high-end
computers, may be accessing the Internet using text browsers such as Lynx
and Bobcat." ...

41:40 Kathie done

There is a lot more of course.  Just thought I would point out the pitch.
As I eluded to before, we were hoping to make people aware that they could
make their pages much more browser friendly with a minimum of effort and
to point out that there is a problem in the first place.

;
;