Re: LYNX-DEV scrollok and lynx_force_repaint

From: Foteos Macrides
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV scrollok and lynx_force_repaint
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 1997 13:32:36 -0500 (EST)

"John E. Davis" <address@hidden> wrote:
>Does FullRefresh get set to a non-zero value *only* when the user
>explicitly presses Ctrl-L, or an equivalent key?  I see no other
>reason for it to get set, otherwise.

        That's the situation I created in LYMainLoop.c, with changes
in LYForms.c to not return Ctrl-L even if the selection is changed
(and homologous mods in LYOptions.c for those popups, though that
already wasn't doing the equivalent of a Ctrl-L for slang or VMS
curses).  I see Klaus has done that as well in the most current
devel code, but that still has the ugly touch on Ctrl-L, which is
much better with what I posted today.

        The other reason has to do with mulitbyte handling by
display libraries that don't, in fact, have multibyte handling,
so clears are done when those charsets are being used, to deal
with what the libraries think is there, but isn't.   Also look
at the code demarked by SLANG_MBCS_HACK ifdef'ing (and hopefully
come up with something better than that hack :).

                                Fote