LYNX-DEV Full refresh and libslang

From: vischne
Subject: LYNX-DEV Full refresh and libslang
Date: Sat, 8 Nov 1997 10:18:04 GMT

>     * Sender: address@hidden
>     _________________________________________________________________
>
>On Fri, 07 Nov 1997 11:27:39 -0500 (EST), Foteos Macrides <address@hidden
>U> said:
>>PUBLIC void LY_SLrefresh NOARGS
>>{
>>    if (FullRefresh) {
>>       SLsmg_suspend_smg();
>>       SLsmg_resume_smg();
>>       FullRefresh = FALSE;
>>    } else {
>>       SLsmg_refresh();
>>    }
>
>Does FullRefresh get set to a non-zero value *only* when the user
>explicitly presses Ctrl-L, or an equivalent key?  I see no other
>reason for it to get set, otherwise.
>
>--John

I've used various versions of libslang and your slrn news reader under
Linux, and I can testify that the screen gets occasionally corrupted.
This seems to happen, but much more so, under the cygwin Windows 95/NT
version of lynx.exe, so a user would be typing CTRL-W several times during
a lynx session to get rid of extraneous text characters.  The partial
solution is to tune up the Linux console termcap entry, but there still
are occasional problems.

;
;