Re: continuing story of the bunged up popups with Japanese [was: "Re: LY

From: Nelson Henry Eric
Subject: Re: continuing story of the bunged up popups with Japanese [was: "Re: LYNX-DEV scrollok and lynx_force_repaint"
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 1997 09:06:23 +0900 (JST)

> > weekend.  Finally my question, what is eA=\E)0 doing, and what might be
> > a reasonable substitute for it?
> those are switching character-sets (i.e., "\E(B", "\E)1" and "\E(0").  The
> sense is that the last character is a predefined code, and the "(" and ")"
> designate G0 and G1 (the character sets that are "normal" and "alternate").

Just this one piece of information is a BIG help.

> The actual ones you need depend on the terminal emulator & how close it is to
> ANSI/ISO.  I looked a little at kterm and don't think its extensions fit
> into any standard.  Xterm's controls are more/less documented in ctlseqs.ms

Not using X or kterm.  Connect to the LAN with a telnet-like application
(TeraTerm) and use a vt100 rewrite for emulation.

> (which I updated for XFree86 though I've not memorized it).  Look in my
> ftp area for xterm to get a copy.

I've got it, and gotten some ideas from it.  The vttest (forgot the actual
name) is pretty useful, too.  Now I know I have bugs, but how to correct
them is another problem in itself.

> > "acsc=``aaffggjjkkllmmnnooppqqrrssttuuvvwwxxyyzz{{||}}~~,".  What kind
> > of substitution would make a resonable test of effects on the box
> > characters?
> For kterm, probably none - it's not documented clearly, but reading the

Using `vt100'.  No need to reply.  Appreciate the help already.

__Henry
;
;