LYNX-DEV RE: LYNX: HUGE FTP BUG???

From: David Combs
Subject: LYNX-DEV RE: LYNX: HUGE FTP BUG???
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 1997 19:17:39 -0800 (PST)

I have downloaded lots of stuff via
lynx's ftp facility.  I never really questioned
what it was doing about "set binary" that
raw ftp has you say for binary files, so the
bits don't get fiddled when going from one
KIND of machine to another.

Well, I have an example:

If you go to the javabook.html page (via lynx):

                                         Information about the current document

                     You have reached the Information Page

Lynx Version 2.7.1ac-0.89

File that you are currently viewing