Re: LYNX-DEV problems compiling lynx_386 version (latest lynx-cur.z

From: Bill Schiavo
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV problems compiling lynx_386 version (latest lynx-cur.z
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 1997 14:06:12 -0500 (EST)

Hello everyone.

On Tue, 11 Nov 1997, Doug Kaufman wrote:

> On Tue, 11 Nov 1997, Sabato De Rosa wrote:
>
> > Excuse me Doug; but if I include the TCP.H file from
> > LYNX2-7-/WWW/LIBRARY/IMPLEMENTATION it happens that occurs the initial error
> > that I have encountered (i.e. "socket.h not found");

The tcp.h file from lynx2-7-\www\library\implementation is not to be
included .  Did you use pkzip to "unzip" the tcplib.zip file?  If so, you
need to be sure to use the -d switch to restore the directory structure
contained in it.  I am not sure that you have the files where they belong.
Maybe I missed something, but I still didn't see what your directory
structure looks like.  Anyway, you need the djgpp directory within the
lynx directory to look like this:

lynx2-7-\djgpp\tcplib\include
lynx2-7-\djgpp\tcplib\include\tcp
lynx2-7-\djgpp\tcplib\include\sys
lynx2-7-\djgpp\tcplib\tcpsrc
lynx2-7-\djgpp\tcplib\tcpsys
lynx2-7-\djgpp\tcplib\obj

If you don't have this directory structure for tcplib, reinstall it.

 if I have understoot
> > correctly, after having coreated the TCPLIB directory under LYNX2-7-/DJGPP
> > you think that I must restore the original DJGPP.ENV file. Could you confirm
> > me that?
You may not have to do that for this program, but other programs you try
to compile will have problems.  It won't hurt you to do it in any case; it
will just take a second.  If  you need a new copy of the djgpp.env, let us
know.

Bill
 > > Exactly.  Make should be able to find socket.h by the flag
> "-I../../../djgpp/tcplib/include/tcp", which is in the makefile in the
> WWW/Library/djgpp directory.  Please verify that you have socket.h
> in djgpp/tcplib/include/tcp.
>                                   Doug
> __
> Doug Kaufman
> Internet: address@hidden (preferred)
>         address@hidden
>
> ;
> ; To UNSUBSCRIBE:  Send a mail message to address@hidden
> ;                  with "unsubscribe lynx-dev" (without the
> ;                  quotation marks) on a line by itself.
> ;

;
;