Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx SSL problem (VMS AXP, SSLEAY 0.6.6, 11/2/97 lynx271ssl

From: Larry W. Virden, x2487
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx SSL problem (VMS AXP, SSLEAY 0.6.6, 11/2/97 lynx271ssleay.uue)
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 1997 13:31:40 -0500

From: Kerry Bouchard <address@hidden>

>    I have the 11/2/97 distribution of the lynx271ssleay.uue file from Foteos
>Macrides, and the 0.6.6 version of the SSLEAY library.  I was able to get
>SSLEAY and then Lynx to compile and link on our system (VMS version 6.2 for
>AXP, Multinet v4.0, rev A), but the LYNX.EXE still won't access HTTPS sites.
>When I run it with -trace on, the error is (for example):

I have the 11/2 of that file, the 11/10 of lynx271f, and have been trying to
get SSL 0.8.1 to compile here in the USA with rsaref2.tar.gz .  I got everything
to build, followed the instructions in the Fote ssleay Makefile to
replace items in libcrypto.a, and linked lynx with the new library.  Now
_I_ get:

Read from unallocated (rua):
Attempting to read 4 bytes at address 0x80 in page zero
0x0014e708: ssl3_send_client_key_exchange+0x00f8:    ba,a
ssl3_send_client_key_exchange+0x3391d4

when I attempt to Go to
https://www.bungie.com/store/store.html
from inside a running version of the linked lynx.

There's nothing in the trace file.

I'm using Solaris 2.4, Sun's C compiler, ncurses 4.1 .
;