Re: LYNX-DEV hope the new Lynx release comes out soon!!!!!!!!

From: Nelson Henry Eric
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV hope the new Lynx release comes out soon!!!!!!!!
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 1997 08:54:49 +0900 (JST)

> defined LYNX_CFG_FILE in lynx_cfg.h as
> /usr/local/lib/lynx.cfg instead of /u4/intac/leaves/lib/lynx.cfg.
> I think it should be the latter even if --with-config-file is not
> specified.  --with-config-file would only be needed if you

I want to be sure I understand your problem.  I've tried to find a need
for "--with-config-file", but couldn't.  Configure is a lo-o-o-ng way from
being able to set defines in userdefs.h.  Since it has to be edited anyway,
one more define like LYNX_CFG_FILE is trivial.  What is wrong with just
adding to your configure options "--libdir=/u4/intac/leaves/lib"?  (Or if
"/u4/intac/ leaves" is your account directory, simply "$HOME/lib".)  I see
nothing wrong with setting the default for --libdir to /usr/local/lib; it
has to point somewhere.

> put lynx.cfg in a weird place like /etc.

And "/u4/intac/leaves/lib" is less weird?  (Whenever I do physiological
experiments, I try to use intact leaves, too. :-)

__Henry
;
;