Re: LYNX-DEV hope the new Lynx release comes out soon!!!!!!!!

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV hope the new Lynx release comes out soon!!!!!!!!
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 1997 23:00:24 -0600 (CST)

[CC'd, lynx-dev didn't progagate my messages the last days]

On Thu, 13 Nov 1997, Michael Ritzert wrote:

> BTW: did someone notice that the two lynx versions i mentionened above
> behave differently from 2.7.1 when they encounter preformatted tabular
> material enhanced by table tags  within <pre> (see, for example,
> www.liga-kind.de

I don't find any TABLE within PRE there.  Anyway, you have an unclosed BIG
there, and later on an unclosed H3 and with 2.7.1 parsing that has the
indirect effect that nearly all of the contents of your page is formatted
with the style for a Heading. See TRACE output, or better yet a validator.

Basically, error recovery has changed - which should not come as a
surprise to anybody.

> or www.dfg.de, the latter tuned toward ac0.89)?

It seems the difference is caused by this:

1997-05-21
* Mods in HTML.c and LYCharUtils.c so that TABLE blocks are treated
  as divisions in the DIV nest, with a default alignment of HT_LEFT
  if the TABLE start tag lacks an ALIGN attribute, and otherwise,
  that attribute's value.  Nested TABLEs extend the DIV nest.  This
  avoids the problem in the vanilla code of TABLE content inheriting
  the alignment of a containing CENTER or DIV which is intended for
  alignment of the TABLE as a whole.  Also added support for ALIGN
  attributes in TR elements.  If the TR has no ALIGN attribute, it
  inherits that of the current division, which should be that of the
  current TABLE.  This, of course, still does not yield true TABLEs
  for truly tabular content, but makes TABLEs used for formatting
  more readable. - FM

As a side effect, the TABLE within PRE doesn't inherit the "Preformatted"
style any more, but has its own (in your case) "DivLeft" style.  Any
problems with this?

Btw. <a&nbsp;href="mailto:address@hidden";> won't work...

  Klaus
;