Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx changed handling of TABLEs

From: Foteos Macrides
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx changed handling of TABLEs
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 1997 14:53:36 -0500 (EST)

        You can read replies via:  http://www.flora.org/lynx-dev/html/

>My attention was drawn belatedly to a mail from Fote on this list:
>
>     Subject: LYNX-DEV fotemods.zip update
>     From: Foteos Macrides <address@hidden>
>     Date: Wed, 21 May 1997 17:43:48 -0500 (EST)
>
>about changes in the handling of TABLE.
>
>A consequence is that a long-standing trick, TABLE in PRE, no longer
>works (nor does PRE in TABLE).

        You are confusing two different sets of changes in the
development code.   It uses a SortaSGML parser by default, and
both of your HTML kludges are invalid, so it's SGML-like error
recovery prevents either from working.   The mods I made last
May retained support for the PRE-in-TABLE kludge.  You can check
that with the development code by using ^V to toggle to the
TagSoup parser.  I don't know why both that and the TABLE-in-PRE
kludge are needed, but it's easy enough to support both with the
TagSoup parser, so I did that in the lynx271f code for SSL.

                                Fote