Re: LYNX-DEV new version

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV new version
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 1997 15:27:47 -0500 (EST)

971116 Keel wrote:
> I have been using lynx for a long time with no complaints,
> but now i am having considerable trouble with newest version.

you need to tell us exactly which version & where you got it from.
the latest formally released version is 2-7-1,
but there is also development code upto about # 94 .

> the version before the change worked fine, i could scroll down & highlight
> each new link and it showed up fine on my screen with the emulation i use.

you also need to tell us the operating system & terminal type.

> Now, however the browser doesnt refresh the screen,
> the lines dont present themselves right.

 ^L  tells Lynx to refresh the screen to remove garbage.

> example:  the opening screen: the lines wrap around to the next line
> on the screen and i cant tell where the next sentence begins.
> As i said the browser doesnt refresh itself anymore
> so whenever i go to a new link all i get are letters and sentences mixed
> up with the previous link.  It is usable (barely), but extremely annoying
> to use now.

if you are beyond novice stage,
you might want to look at the Archive at  www.flora.org/lynx-dev
or search via  www.crl.com/~subir/lynx/search-archives.html :
problems like yours have been discussed on lynx-dev in the past,
but for further help here you must give more details.

;