Re: LYNX-DEV Line and corner characters in lynx boxes

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Line and corner characters in lynx boxes
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 1997 14:53:08 +0000 (GMT)

> On linux I get asterisks, on NT I get the "line" and "corner"
> characters, and on a Wyse 60 connected to my linux box I get a box made
> of various characters according to the terminal emulation.

This depends on the screen handling library used.  For ncurses, it uses the
ncurses box function, but forces the sides and tops to '*', rather than the
default, but leaves the corners as corners.

There appears to be VMS code to directly generate the VT100 escape sequences
and there is other code again for Slang, and probably for curses.

All this is in LYForms.c and LYCurses.c.  If you are getting *'s and corners,
and are using ncurses, you can probably change BOXVERT and the
corresponding horizontal one to 0, to get the ncurses default; however
there was presumably some reason for overriding the defaults.

For further details see man ncurses curs_border terminfo.

> Can I get "line" and "corner" characters on the Wyse so it displays a
> nice box?

My linux doesn't include a terminfo entry for Wyse, but the relevant
property is acsc.  (man infocmp terminfo).

I can't help if you are using slang.
;
;