Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx leaves connections open

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx leaves connections open
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 1997 08:24:36 +0000 (GMT)

> There seems to be a bug in Lynx's TCP/IP code which leads to connections not
> getting closed properly.
>
> For example: (from my netstat output on Linux 2.0.31, proxy is running squid
> 1.1.18, lynx 2.7.1ac94)
>
> Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address          Foreign Address        (State)
> tcp     4300      0 pointer.teuto.de:14445 proxy.pointer.teu:8080 CLOSE_WAIT
          ^^^^
The connection is not being closed because Lynx hasn't finished reading from
it.  That should produce obvious symptoms at the user interface which will
almost certainly make diagnosis easier.

I'm not sure if the very latest Lynx supports connection: keepalive, but it
may be a problem with handling such re-usable connections.
;
;