Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx and Cookies

From: Lloyd G. Rasmussen
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx and Cookies
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 97 09:35:00 EST

On Mon, 17 Nov 1997 00:06:45 -0500 (EST),
Mary West   <address@hidden> wrote:

>I can no longer use my ID and password to get into
>The New York times online because it uses cookies.
>How can I get Lynx to accept cookies?

Maybe they still have a non-cookie page available through an alternate
subscription mechanism.  I suspect IDT is still using the same Lynx
GEnie has, which is 2-4-FM. Both of us need to bug our service
providers if we hope to stay on that network.  You may need to look
into running PPP on your PC and using a DOS version of Lynx.  Cookie
support was added at about version 2.7, over a year ago.

-- Lloyd Rasmussen
Senior Staff Engineer, Engineering Section
National Library Service for the  Blind and Physically Handicapped
Library of Congress          202-707-0535
(work)       address@hidden    www.loc.gov/nls/
(home) address@hidden

;
;