Re: LYNX-DEV X-URL header field

From: Al Gilman
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV X-URL header field
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 1997 10:13:03 -0500 (EST)

to follow up on what Uzi Paz said:

> It is generated both if you use "mailto:"; and then your description is
> fine, but also if you mail the web-page using the "Print" option, and then
> it describes the location of the fil, as in the case of
> "Content-Location:".

I agree.  On a "print" it would be appropriate to give the URL of
origin as Content-location.

One problem is the temptation to try to make the dictionary of
field names be a flat partition and not a multilevel taxonomy.

"URL" as a field name is bad because it is the type of the
attribute value and not its relationship to the thing for which
it functions as an attribute.  But it is good because it covers
the multitude of sins and the relationship is often inferrable
from context.

Are you and/or Jacob doing anything about this currently?  Will
it be discussed at the December IETF?  I think I am going to
go.

-- Al
;
;