Re: LYNX-DEV mailto:address@hidden

From: Bill Schiavo
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV mailto:address@hidden
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 1997 20:24:32 -0500 (EST)

Hello everyone.

On 17 Nov 1997 address@hidden wrote:

> I'm having two major problems with the 386+ version of LYNX.  On my 486DX
> machine, I can load LYNX and it reads local files perfectly.  However, when I
> try to go out onto the Web it's very slow and sometimes I get no response at
> all.  I have a working version of BOBCAT and I used the same WATTCP.CFG with
> LYNX that I used with BOBCAT.  I'm using the packet driver that comes with
> BOBCAT and connecting to the Web via CompuServe.  Really not sure where to
> look - I'm pretty much a novice at this.
>
> I also have a 486SX that's connected to a network.  On that machine I get the
> "coprocessor not found" message.  I downloaded EMU-387.DXE but can't figure
> out what I'm supposed to do with it.  Any help appreciated.
Okay, here is what you do.  COPY that file in a convenient place and then
set the following environment variables.

SET 387=N
SET EMU387=C:\LYNX\EMU387.DXE

You can substitute the directory in the above command to the one that will
contain the emu387.dxe file.  You might want to add these commands to your
autoexec.bat file or your startup batch file if you have one.

 > > Thanks,
>
> Howard Goldstein
> ;
> ; To UNSUBSCRIBE:  Send a mail message to address@hidden
> ;                  with "unsubscribe lynx-dev" (without the
> ;                  quotation marks) on a line by itself.
> ;

;
;