LYNX-DEV Downloading a file in background

From: Andrew
Subject: LYNX-DEV Downloading a file in background
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 1997 23:51:46 +0200

Hi there,

I have a question concerning lynx: is it possible to have lynx download
a file in the background, as well as save it automatically? If I try run
lynx in the background it will not continue unless it is able to display
its tty output, and even then I need to be there at the end in order to
tell lynx that yes, I want to save the file to disk and with which file
name.

Your help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
A. Jamieson