Re: LYNX-DEV P command; also failed search

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV P command; also failed search
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 1997 12:26:13 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 25 Nov 1997, Philip Webb wrote:

> (2) when you enter a search command which fails, the screen is redrawn:
> this is especially irritating when you use  n  to jump to a point
> in the middle of a page, but forget that the string has changed
> (i know all about using the arrows to recall previous strings).
> shouldn't we simply get the message  "Search failed" ?

The development code has had changes to avoid some screen refreshes after
searches for quite a while.  Recently other more general changes were made
to reduce unnecessary screen repainting, which may or may not affect you
depending on what display library you use.

If these changes don't work for you, please report the specific problems
with a specific version.  As your message was written, I have no clue what
version you are talking about or how it was compiled.

    Klaus