Re: LYNX-DEV X-URL header field

From: Nelson Henry Eric
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV X-URL header field
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 1997 10:30:35 +0900 (JST)

> outside.  However, it would be considerate for lynx to eventually,
> in the name of security, at least an option not to generate the
> URL name for machines 'inside' the intranet.  How to determine that

Probably a stupid question, but is there a relation to the X-URL
being discussed in this thread, and the "<!-- X-URL:" (and the
"<BASE HREF=", for that matter) that Lynx inserts in files it
downloads?  *Eventually* (this is not the time to do it; let's
get the release out) I'd like to see an option to not have Lynx
insert that information.  I wouldn't mind that the option prevented
the insertion/printing in all cases.

__Henry