LYNX-DEV LYNX 2.7.1 and AIX 4.2

From: McFall
Subject: LYNX-DEV LYNX 2.7.1 and AIX 4.2
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 1997 20:28:58 -0800 (PST)

I recently installed Lynx on our RS6000 and have come up with a couple of
problems I can't find a solution or a cause for.

1. I find processes that have 1 as the parent process that continue to
eat up CPU time and slow down other processes on the system. This makes
everyone really unhappy.

2. At various times, Lynx will be loading a page and simply stall in the
middle of it. The cursor moves to the bottom of the screen and nothing
more happens. Staff are reporting that this happens on pages between 4000
and 6000 bytes in size, but not with any regularity. Sometimes they load
just fine.

3. When a URL is entered by a staff member, they sometimes get a "can't
find this" sort of message, yet when they find it on a menu, it goes
through just fine.

Any and all help is appreciated.

Mairi Mc Fall
System Administrator