Re: LYNX-DEV quote.yahoo.com

From: Nelson Henry Eric
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV quote.yahoo.com
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 1997 15:49:01 +0900 (JST)

> Could someone please explain why I can't access quote.yahoo.com with

Maybe you're using an out-of-date version?  Need more information to
answer, like the version you're using and the messages on the status
line, maybe trace.log, etc.  Could even have been the server at the
time you tried to access the site.

I had no trouble getting on with Lynx Version 2.7.1ac-0.95:
   . [21]Japan bank failures may work positively on economy - Thu 11:15PM
   . [22]Tokyo stocks inch higher by midday,financials firm - Thu 10:05PM
    . [23]Yamaichi Sec says ex-chairmen did not dump shares - Thu 9:43PM
    . [24]BOJ says provides 55 bln yen to Tokuyo City Bank - Thu 9:38PM
   . [25]FOCUS-Japan economy stuck, financial fears persist - Thu 9:34PM
Beats me what everyone's worried about.  Japan's been this way since the
end of the war more than 50 years ago!  They're just now starting to face
the facts.  (Read link #21.)

__Henry

PS My wife asks me morning and night if we shouldn't take all our money
out of the bank.  I tell her it's only paper anyway.  If it becomes
worthless, let the bank take care of it.  I have enough garbage to take
out on Mondays and Thursdays as is.  (Yeah, they collect the garbage
twice a week here.  It's great for us hounded husbands!)