Re: LYNX-DEV more chartrans

From: Leonid Pauzner
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV more chartrans
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 1997 16:10:03 +0300 (MSK)

> It is possible to remove (comment out) the x00-x7f range from more
> of the tables.  There is a small memory (not CPU) saving possible.
> But I don't really see what this has to do with the previous topic.
>
> In at least one case mappings from the x00-x7f range are done (VISCII has
> some visible glyphs at 7-bit control char positions); and if someone
> really wants to create a "charset" that includes the PC characters at
> x00-x1f, or make a table for a 7-bit national ASCII variant, it could be
> done this way (some code changes would also be necessary); so the mapping
> mechanism should also cover this range, even if it is normally not used
> for it.

You have RowOrEnc flag for this purpose!

The privious topic was far from it.
> This doesn't apply to the charset shown with '=', but I don't see why it
> should.  If you use '=', I "assume" you want to know what charset was in
> effect for a document, independent of whether this has any practical
> effect for a specific document, or has no effect (because there weren't

I may need to look '=' for the compatibility information,
whether any quality-loss transformaion occur on display
or any problem may be expected while printing,
but since we have &#...; it is not so correct as I thoght.

Leonid.