Re: LYNX-DEV a couple of brief questions

From: Sabato De Rosa
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV a couple of brief questions
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 1997 00:15:22 +2300

On 1997-11-26 address@hidden said:
 dk>> 1) Is it possible to patch the lynx.s sources downloading the
 dk>>patches? I  have installed "pat25b.zip" in djgpp utilities; but
 dk>>when try to patch  sources it seems that there is the problem of
 dk>>long filenames; the files to  patch are not found.
 dk>Long unix filenames shouldn't interfere with patch working in the
 dk>DOS environment.  What are you trying to patch?  What command line
 dk>did you use?

I.m trying to patch lynx obviuosly :-); I download patch files from
"http://www.slcc.edu/cgi-bin/lynx/patch";; the command line that I type
remaining in "lynx2-7-! main directory is:
patch -ui filename (the file where reside the patches); patch program asks
me the file(s) to patch because it seems that it doesn't find files to
patch.
I'd like, if possible, to take advantage of this opportunity to ask you to
extract from file "lymain.c" the options list that appear when we type
"lynx -help" in a external file that could be named "listhelp.h". This because
we are realizing a version of lynx localized in italian language for italian
blind people; actually we have almost traslated "lymessages_en.h" for internal
messages; nextly we will translate "lynx.hlp" and it could be useful add
the list of parameters printed on the screen with "-help" option. Naturally,
when we will be ready with these translations, I will be pleased to announce it
in this list and also on Wayne's site (if he will agree with us).
Best regards.

Net-Tamer V 1.10  - Test Drive