LYNX-DEV unable to log in on quote.yahoo.com

From: Matt Ackeret
Subject: LYNX-DEV unable to log in on quote.yahoo.com
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 1997 15:57:26 -0800 (PST)

On Sat, 29 Nov 1997, Andrew Vardy wrote:
>On Fri, 28 Nov 1997, Matt Ackeret wrote:
>> >I just connected to it just this minute.  Ain't no problem with that.
>> You didn't *LOG IN* to it, did you?
>The site appeared on screen when I typed the URL.

Yes, sorry for getting exasperated, but that is not what I mean.

Go to quote.yahoo.com (fine)
go to the register/log in link (fine)
Type in your username/password, select the "login" link.

NOT FINE..  It now goes to some (I think) bogus error screen explaining that
it needs cookies.  But Lynx *does* support cookies.  So there is some other
reason that it won't work, and I just am interested in knowing *why* it
doesn't work..  and that would help lead me or other developers to hopefully
advance Lynx so it will work on these types of links.

I'm also CC-ing this to the Lynx list.