Re: LYNX-DEV editing of INSTALLATION: 386DOS

From: Bill Schiavo
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV editing of INSTALLATION: 386DOS
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 1997 22:43:35 -0500 (EST)

Hello everyone.  Ok, lets avoid any confusion.  Reading files with LFs
instead of CR LF pairs can be a problem so I suggest the following
scentence get inserted somewhere in installation:

When editing any of the lynx source files be sure to use an editor that
can handle end of lines terminated with a single LF character.

I wouldn't change the part of installation that discusses unpacking the
source code as I believe that you have it right.

Perhaps we should even recommend several editors that are able to work
with unix-style end of lines.

Bill