Re: LYNX-DEV editing of INSTALLATION: 386DOS

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV editing of INSTALLATION: 386DOS
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 1997 13:14:03 +0000 (GMT)

> Perhaps we should even recommend several editors that are able to work
> with unix-style end of lines.

The freeware, native Windows and Win 32, editor pfe (Programmer's File Editor)
will autodetect Unix style stream LF files and will resave them in the same
format.  I'd recommend this one.  It's also useful over SAMBA and other SMB
shares to Unix machines.

I think the DOS port of Elvis (a vi clone) can be put into a Unix mode.

write and wordpad will read stream LF, but will alway save in stream CRLF
format.  The same is true of the EDIT mode of QBASIC under DOS.

The Info ZIP clone of pkzip can convert when archiving and unarchiving.