LYNX-DEV Re: bookmark and chartrans: bug

From: Leonid Pauzner
Subject: LYNX-DEV Re: bookmark and chartrans: bug
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 1997 13:49:54 +0300 (MSK)

I wrote:

> I have bookmark with META charset and it differ from display charset.
> Then I save one more link with non-ASCII header -
> new line saved in current display charset, but since META not changed
> new entries gets unreadable.

A few more info as lynx really works now (0.97):
it always save a link to bookmark in display_charset,
and it is independent from both assume_local_charset
and bookmark META charset header (if present any),
but read bookmark according the last two.

Keep in mind, we may need to change display_charset:
if we login to account from unix console, and from PC as terminal sometimes.

> I thing lynx should recreate the bookmark like "Lynx Visited Links"
> but with META corresponded to the current display charset.

How about UTF8 for bookmark as it was proposed by Andrey Chernov
several month ago?