Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx and frames fallthrough

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx and frames fallthrough
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 1997 16:42:15 -0600 (CST)

On Mon, 1 Dec 1997, Lloyd Wood wrote:

> On Mon, 1 Dec 1997, glen mccready <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> http://www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Personal/L.Wood/spacesearch/
[...]
> The Lynx 2.7 you're using isn't implementing frames fallthrough
> correctly IMO.
>
> Earlier non-frames-aware versions of lynx Do The Right Thing and show
> the full html on the frameset page below the frame options; not doing
> so is lossy html rendering, and I don't like it one bit.

Excerpt from URL quoted above:

<NOFRAMES>
<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript"><!--
function setLang(n) {
queryss.document.spacesearch.iso639.selectedIndex=n;
}
// -->
<BODY>

There is no end-tag for the SCRIPT element.

There is no "full html" on the frameset page for lynx to show, since it
all has become part of your SCRIPT element.

Seems to be just the kind of error that validation would quickly reveal.

   Klaus