LYNX-DEV announcement concerning "pubLynx"

From: Nelson Henry Eric
Subject: LYNX-DEV announcement concerning "pubLynx"
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 1997 20:51:49 +0900 (JST)

Due to the constant malicious attacks to the machine I maintain
a public access Lynx on, users will have to telnet to the server
by name, "ibr1.irm.nara.kindai.ac.jp", rather than use the IP
address I've given out in the past.  Since the IP address will
change dynamically at considerable frequency, users may experience
difficulty in logging in if the name server has not had time to
refresh.  Sorry for the inconvenience.

Happy news is that it is running ac-0.97 for those who want
to try to break Lynx on a public site.  For new people, login
as "lynx" and set your terminal type or press return for vt100.
("fmr70" is a vt100 clone which supports color; terminals in
the standard terminfo database are available.)  A large hunk
of the material beyond the 1st page is in Japanese.

__Henry